AWS Well-Architected helps cloud architects build secure, high-performing, resilient, and efficient infrastructure for a variety of applications and workloads. Built around six pillars—operational excellence, security, reliability, performance efficiency, cost optimization, and sustainability—AWS Well-Architected provides a consistent approach for customers and partners to evaluate architectures and implement scalable designs.
ASecureCloud simplifies the process of completing a Well-Architected review by automating the data collection and providing suggestions for the questions based on our security assessment engine. ASecureCloud's service also integrates with the AWS Well-Architected Tool in the AWS console to review existing workloads or upload new ones. ASecureCloud supports the following lenses:
- The AWS Well-Architected Framework Lens
- Foundational Technical Review (FTR) Lens designed for independent software vendors (ISVs) preparing to join the AWS partner network
Under Dashboard, navigate to Assessments, select the appropriate AWS account, then click on the Well-Architected Reviews tab. This tab provides a view of any existing defined Well-Architected workloads that were already defined in the AWS account, and the option to Create New Workload
Select an existing workload to review or Create New Workload to begin a new Well-Architected workload definition. For new workloads, you can optionally add the FTR lens in addition to the standard Well-Architected lens that is already selected.
In this view, you will see all the Well-Architected questions available with the suggestions from ASecureCloud for each of the questions, along with details from the security assessment that was used to generate the suggestions. The suggestions cover questions mainly in the security pillars but also in the Operational Excellence, Reliability, and Cost Optimization.
Under the Well-Architected view, review each question under the pillars listed, and you have the following options:
- Check the applicable answers for each question under the available pillars. Where applicable, suggested answers will be provided, and you can accept the suggestion or override with your own answer
- Under each answer, click on Recommendation Details to view the matching assessment rules that contributed to the recommendation
- Use the Edit Notes option to add notes, including an option to copy the relevant details from the assessment
- Use the Is Applicable toggle to mark a specific question as not applicable if needed
After completing the review and answering all applicable questions, you have the option to upload the results to the AWS Well-Architected tool which can create a new workload or update an existing one.
To upload results, click on the Upload button and then fill in the required details (including selecting which questions to be uploaded). Once done, click on Push Updates to AWS Account and wait for confirmation that the action was completed successfully.